Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunday, Day of rest, Yeah right

This morning, I got out of bed around 7:30 because I remembered that the goats were locked in the Alpaca house, so I wandered down with the boys and let them out, the Queen was quite warm, but Mikey and Bully were shivering, they should be ok though. Once they were out I stayed down with them for a while just enjoying watching them playing and being silly.
For some reason when I got to the shed, the smell of sheep poo was a bit overwhelming, and I decided that I would start cleaning with the hose pipe and broom, a few washes later the smell was a bit better, but still it will need waterblasting just to get those stubborn poos! I now know why sheep are kept in pens for a day before going into the holding pens for the night before shearing, something to remember when I build the new yards, and why wooden slatted floors are used!

Once Steph got up, we drove to Martinborough to see a friend, and then we went to the Daffodil Day in Carterton, hmmm, can be very easily summed up, fast food, mass produced crap. I doubt I'll go next year, very few crafts or unique things, oh well.

In the afternoon Steph rode Markissa, whilst I started preparing the vege bed, and rotavating the herb bed to-be. The biggest achievement of the day would certainly be moving the old race from the middle of the paddock (why I left it there last year I don't know!) to the edge where we could get it into a tip or something a bit easier. At least now a spreading truck and a tractor with a seed drill can get around the paddock a bit easier.

Yikes, after that weekend, I'm knackered. Not sure whats on next weekend, but hopefully it will be a bit easier, maybe a bit of fencing though (we're building a post and rail fence around the water tanks, I've started, 3 holes out of about 8. Need to get the rails though.

Till next time.

No comments: