Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Lambs prepped for their first night

After going to the dentist (and actually being seen!) I decided to move the Alpaca house and goat house down to the sheep paddock for the lambs incase it gets really cold. Put the new battery in Tom, and he fired up straight away, one very happy Fou. Trundled down to the first gate at which point whilst it was idling it stopped. Not sure why, maybe still to cold (I put the choke back in), but I couldn't get the damn thing to start. As you can imagine I was a tad annoyed! So I went back to the shed and got the bike battery I recharged this morning and some fuel and started trying to get the "Honda Huntaway" going. After taking the spark plug out, giving that a clean and filling the fuel tank and installing the charged battery it started (a bit chuggy), but after a while it ran smooth, one down one to go. Gave it a quick go (from the side of the tractor, not the seat) - no joy. Decided to do some research on the net regard Fergy TEA30's, turns out that you should be sitting on the seat and the clutch depressed so as to disenage the PTO, so with this new knowledge I went back down and filled the fuel tank with another 5 litres (just incase), and this time it started. Ofcourse due to changing to things at once, I don't know if it was out of gas or if it was the clutch, should be easy to test next time I use it. Once it was going again I had to decide if I wanted to risk moving the houses or just bringing it back in. I figured that the lambs might need the house 'cause it's going to be cold one tonight, so I moved the houses down, and got it back up all OK. Anyway Steph's just got home, so I should go.

No comments: