Friday, September 16, 2005

Strider, the slaughterer!

Ok, reasonable high gross out factor, but this was really good for Strider. Whilst moving all the timber in the shed, I noticed Hopper paying particular interest in a bit of steel framing, and thought she has saw a mouse, and that was that...As the timber pile got smaller, I noticed some rat poo (rat poo is about 4mm in diameter, whereas mouse poo is only 2mm, thanks Steph!), and I found a little nest. OKK I thought, I'll bring the rat trap down, and deal to it that way.
At one point I needed to move the steel and underneath it was a reasonable brown rat, not huge, but big enough for me not to want to grab it by the tail!. So Steph and I got the boys all worked up and then I stuck a long piece of timber down the other end and forced it out, Strider was on to it in a flash, and with that bite (he's perfected on chickens), disabled the rat instantly, I had to kill it, but at least it couldn't move.
We're both really proud of Strider and his "farmeyness", maybe he's got a chance after all.
Anyway, here is the proud puppy and his quary.



No comments: