Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Contact from Steph

Last night once I got home I checked Markissa's legs, they didn't seem swollen (I could see muscle shape etc on the front legs, and they were only warm to touch), but I did notice a rub on her nose, not knowing what to do I wandered around the paddock with the phone till a found a "hot spot" and txt'ed Steph with the details, waited around for about ten minutes as the boys went mad (just incase Steph replied quickly), and then went and did dishes etc.
Once I stuck tea in the microwave, I wandered back out to the paddock to try and get reception again, after about 5 minutes and no txt, I gave up and went back in for dinner.
Watched "Hunt for the Red October", very cool movie.

Oh, yesterday I tried a new food, lambs tongue, before you all panic, it wasn't from our lambs. It tasted like corned beef (the stuff in the cans, not silverside), just that the tongues were unpeeled so they had a funny texture. I ate the whole can in a tongue and cheese sandwich, but I won't be buying it again!

Another 2 names have been suggested by Carisa, Freckles and Pepper. I think we only need 1 name, for the black and white one, the one which is mainly white with black legs and black neck will be eaten, even though she is a ewe ('cause her fleece is worth less). I was speaking with our shearer friend last night, and he's offered to assist us when it comes time to buy some more ewes, this time I'll get pure whites, and a white ram (if we can find one). I guess that means the black faced ewe should also be culled (hogget if we do it after weaning I think, mutton soon after that) otherwise we're always going be throwing a majority of down-cross (not black-cross, I had the wrong term previously) lambs, twins from "Freckles" (just taking anyname), would be enough meat for us each year.

Oh, the subject of the post, I had an email from Steph, her room was upgraded to one with a spa bath - very nice.....

Till later.

No comments: