Saturday, August 26, 2006

Some fish in the tank

Well that's Saturday done....What's happened, well this morning I went into town to pick up the thicknesser, and some medication for our betta (a fish, who currently is suffering from Flexibacter,a fuzz on it's side). Whilst at the pet shop I picked up two paradise fish (see photos). Just after getting home, Keith and June (the breeders of Markissa), arrived, and we showed them around our place, and discussed a few horsey things.
After they headed off, we quickly finished some temporary fencing so that we can put the sheep in the sown paddock and they won't demolish the trees (one which had new leaves on, photos tomorrow, it's too dark now.) but we didn't move the sheep yet as the paddock is still a bit damp.

Then one the way back, we popped across to check on the 'pacas and other sheep. The lambs need to be moved on very soon, I'll probably investigate doing it next weekend, they have but on heaps of weight, so it should be quite good, we need to catch the smallest one for us, as christmas dinner.

After that, I spent the afternoon down in the garage making my "secret project", I've now done the tricky part, and on to the fiddly parts! I worked out yesterday that I need over 4m of mouldings (which I making myself). Over all I think there are over 77 individual pieces, and it's not from a plan, my own design...

Unfortunatly now (actually Sunday morning), the betta died (well I put him down last night, he wasn't improving). We had a look at the fuzz on the microscope (we have a proper scientific binocular microscope), and we could see the presence of large colonies of bacteria, and it looked like Flexibacter (round and motile)

During the evening, I went down to the workshop and made some more mouldings, the router is performing really well, it's a real shame that the router isn't table mountable, that would have been great (oh well I'll "need" a spindle moulder next)

Now to get dressed and do stuff....







 
 
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: