Monday, August 14, 2006

Another day, and another set of trials

Yikes, this holiday isn't really turning up to be very relaxing, but, saying that today's blog does end on a good note (for a change).

This morning I fed the bunnies, no kit's yet, but she isn't due to tonight anyway, so that wasn't a surprise. After doing a bit of house work, Steph and I trundled into town to pick up a few bits, and the scoria for the flower beds. Whilst we were in town, we also picked up a thicknesser for the workshop so that I can try and do something with the rimu boarding I aquired last year.
Once we got home, we spread the scoria out on the flower beds (in the rain), and then I went down to the workshop to play with the thicknesser, whoops, I mean work with the thicknesser...
It's so cool, crappy timber goes in, you let go and it spits out really nice boards...it has taken place as my second favorite tool (compound cross cut saw still being #1).
Anyway, I started on a project (no details till it finished).

Then as it started getting colder (and after Markissa had had her hooves trimmed by the farrier, I came inside, and Steph finished of a few things outside, including the bunnies, this is were the day went pear shaped, Snowwhite (the one due tonight) was missing!!!!! I mustn't of closed the door properly this morning, after a quick hunt around and a few naughty words, I found her in the wood shed, cold and wet. She had tried escaping from the wood shed, but thankfully it has a gravel base course that she couldn't dig through.

So now, we're sitting down to a nice cuppa and a blazing fire..
Till tomorrow (last day of our holiday).

Oh, here's the photo of the manager

  Posted by Picasa

No comments: