Friday, September 23, 2005

Lambs, all four of them

Well, another night (not too cold, only about 4c) and when we checked on the lambs this morning, the first two were up and feeding, and the black faced ewe had taken hers under the three wattles in the middle of the paddock where the other sheep sleep. I walked across to the trees to check on them, and the splotty one was up and feeding, but I couldn't see the white one, it was asleep beside the other ewe (not sure if she's pregnant). Anyway, it lifted it's head as I got closer so it seems OK. We'll have a proper look tomorrow and take some photos in good light.
Only a few days until Steph heads of to Perth, so this weekend we're having to forfeit going on a alpaca farm tour of the Paraparaumu coast, which is a shame, but I doubt we would be home in time for packing/dinner and unwinding since we have to drive to Wellington on Monday.
There are quite a few jobs on the list weekend, there are quite a few wool sacks left around the garden full of weeds (and have been for a few months, so they are probably heavy) that I want to take down to the compost pile, along with turning the pile ofcourse. In the same paddock is all the waste branches to burn. No doubt Steph will want to ride (hopefully she'll make a post regarding that), and I wouldn't mind doing a bit of wood turning, I have a particular project that I need to start and finish reasonably soon.

No comments: