Thursday, September 29, 2005

Another movie in another evening

Just incase you missed the relevance of the title, it's based on the lyrics of a song from Evita "Another suitcase in another hall". Yep this evening I watched (well tried to) Evita. Just so happened that Mum rang me up as I sat down for dinner, such is life. Didn't start watching till after 8pm and at 9:30 I woke up. Normally I really enjoy Evita, it's another movie I think has a really good soundtrack, and I must admit I quite enjoy Madonna's and Antonio's performances but this evening I was too tired, and music often helps me sleep (I don't think the port I had helped either!)
As usual the stock are all OK, well mainly - the black hen, a good reliable layer, has been progressivly losing the feathers from her back, it's not moult as she is still laying and the feathers are snapped/plucked out, from what I've seen the other rooster we have jumps her at any available moment, so maybe he's being a bit rough, maybe his days are numbered aswell, maybe Strider can get him! I noticed today that the lambs were all over the paddock, and it was very cute this morning, there was a nasty frost last night, and the lambs didn't like putting their feet down!
Must remember to ring the vets tomorrow and organise the neutering of Galiano,Rapper and Monty as they are fighting more and more. Also I must thank Ken soon as I asked him to make me a piece for my lathe, and it arrived today. Haven't tested it yet, I'll do that tomorrow - should make my secret turning project a bit easier!

Heard from Steph a few minutes ago (via email), her conference is all finished and all that's left is shopping and sightseeing, maybe I should put a lock on the VISA card now! Sounds like it's been fun over there for her.

Hm what else has happened, not a great deal - I'm working from home tomorrow, which is good, is allows me to start early and consequently finish early which enables me to get into town etc which makes the weekend better (and that's really important this weekend).

After this weekend, life at littlebush takes a turn for the better, daylight savings changes (honestl'y don't know if it starts or stops) and we get an extra hour in the evening. One of the first things I intend doing with the extra time is finish building the post and rail fence around the water tanks.

Also I found out today that we need to re-innoculate the lambs with 5 in 1 (pulpy kidney, black leg, tetnus etc) when we wean, and then 4 weeks later. Thankfully injecting sheep is reasonable easy compared to the alpacas (they are normally stropy buggers hence why Steph doesn't need worming or her vitamins this year!)

I think that's about all for today...
Bed time

No comments: