Friday, September 16, 2005

Blimey,Limey

Got up at 6am this morning as we had branches,stock and an alpaca house to move out of the paddocks ready for spreading, which was either at 7:30 or 10:30, well it was 6:50am he turned up.. Thankfully I was just moving the alpaca house to it's resting place, and had already harrowed the horse paddock (with the truck 'cause I left the bike power on all night and the battery was flat). Got to use the nice new snig chain for pulling around a big gate for the harrows. Once the paddock was harrowed, I zipped through the paddock which was softest and got stuck! Oh well, I engaged 4wd and mosied my way out. I only hit one fence post and had a bit of fun sliding around.  Whilst I was doing all that Steph was making a temporary fence in the neighbours paddock where are sheep were going, and moving the alpacas and goats.
Once we were both ready, I got the "Safari Sheepdog" and moved all the sheep into the top paddock, and then zipped around to the other gate to stop the escape..We got them in the yards nice and easy (except "Pretty but not pregnant" went down the race instead of through the gate...silly sheep).
The actual liming took about 20 minutes, and it looks like our gates are too narrow so I except that when the drill comes we'll have to pull out a fence, thankfully we intended replacing a part of the fence anyway. One thing we didn't expect was that the gates need to be clear above aswell so Steph and I quickly ripped some branches out of trees around the gates.
It seems that 4 tonne is almost perfect, he did the all the paddocks and one paddock got an extra strip...Purrfect.

Till drilling time (not tilling time, would sound cool though).


No comments: