Sunday, October 09, 2005

Well, not quite what we intended

Sunday afternoon, 5:30ish and finally finished for the weekend. Yesterday I went to town and bought Steph a surprise because she was feel miserable about spots. I bought her a big pink unicorn (about 1.5m long) and a bunch of flowers in pink wrapping, she seemed to like them. We didn't need to clean the neighbours paddock up too much, just a harrow, Steph did that with the bike whilst I dismantled the electric fence. Because it was raining, I intended spending the rest of the afternoon in the workshop on the lathe, but a power cut put paid to that, and instead I dug out the BBQ gave it a good clean and started cooking dinner instead, hapuka steaks (a fish). Very yummy if I do say so myself. Oh, in the morning I did try to pick up the weed pile with the tractor but Steph did it faster with a fork!
Today, we made a new electric fence along the side of the arena so Markissa can graze there for a while, not really enough grass, but we'll put her out on the driveway each night for a while to get her feed. Also the neighbours told us about a tree that had fallen in their paddock that they wanted cleaned up, so this afternoon, Steph and I trundled around with the tractor, cargodeck and trailer and brought back a full trailer load of split timber, the tree was really dead, and we were picking up huge trunks and carrying them around, it looked qutite funny. The tractor, now we're charging the battery between uses, is going really well.
I was going to mow a bit of the driveway, but when we went to hook up the mower, we found out the drive shaft is too long, I'll ring the tractor people tomorrow, and see if I can get it shortened.
Well, I think that's about all, no photo of the lambs 'cause they haven't really changed much..

Till later.

No comments: