Saturday, October 08, 2005

The weekend is upon us

Finally, the weekend, and thankfully due to a late night stint of programming, today is mine (I had a call from a guy at the office requiring an emergency fix for a bug), such is life, it's fixed now and I'm passing the next stage off (otherwise I need to Wellington).
So whats on for the weekend, in a few minutes I'll wake a team member and ask them to do the next stage. It looks as though we might need to move Markissa from our neighbours paddock because the neighbour doesn't like the way the paddock is looking (all pooey and not a great deal of grass!) but Markissa doesn't need much grass because she is a good converter of feed, translated - doesn't need much to get fat! I might take the tractor over and do a bit of cleaning up, they have a huge waste wood pile that if pushed side ways by a few metres could be burnt (currently under the power cables!). Getting rid of that would make the paddock quite a bit safer. Also I might mow it too, whilst there isn't much grass, there is a fair bit of weeds, and if we can get them whilst they are growing, the grass might be able to beat them growing, unfortunatly the paddock was mowed last year whilst they were seeding, just spread the weeds, and due to time of year it was probably reasonably hot in the FE spore count.
Back to today, Steph has also asked me to go into town as she is spotty and doesn't want to go shopping - so I guess I'll be going into Masterton today aswell, I won't bother picking up any timber for the post and rail fence because it rained hard again yesterday, and the ground will still be too wet for the fencing.
I might grab the tractor and pick up a huge pile of weeds on the back lawn that is slowly becoming a hill in the lawn, and there is also a large pile of large pieces of wood to be chainsawed, I guess I could do that.
Agmonst all the jobs I want to do a bit of wood turning, I'm currently making a chalice out of oak, and I'll make another start on the "secret project", and we've been invited out to a friends for lunch on Sunday.
It should be a busy weekend. I'll try and take some more photos of the lambs.

Oh and we might be getting some new stock, a goat (not an angora) and a black merino ram, a friend of ours is moving out of area, and she has asked if we will take over her stock, hell why not, I just have to remember to ring her.

That should be about for this weekend - the normal will apply, I'll post updates throughout the weekend, hopefully I won't need to go into Wellington!

No comments: