Sunday, August 05, 2007

Still no photos

It's been quite a good weekend, yesterday morning Steph actually managed to get a ride on Markissa whilst I was baby sitting, then I spent some time in the workshop carrying on with the wine rack, and then once I got to a point where I had to leave it for a few hours (gluing the boards for the sides together), I decided to clean up the back lawn with the tractor, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, but what I had to clean up I couldn't do it by hand, they were huge tree trunks from the Marcocarpas I had felled. I put them on the cargo tray, and then moved them over to the fire spot, I'll burn them next time we have a bonfire (probably a few weeks time). After that for some reason I decided to mow the lawns. Whilst doing the front lawn, I noticed that the goats, alpacas and sheep were grazing around the arena, they were supposed to be in the next paddock down!, they had broke through the fence (well all that was holding it together was bailing twine, what did I expect! I chased them back into the right paddock, then thought I would put them on the driveway (we're still pretty short of grass). Didn't take long to get them out, they know the drill now, and as it's more grass, there is much persuading needed.
That evening I made up a recipe for Kelfitko, very yummy, and Steph and I played Myst End of Ages till bedtime (well past bedtime).

Today, Steph had a good lie in, whilst I got the flock of grass munchers out on the driveway again, and gave our neighbour a ring so that I could teach him how to dag a sheep, albeit slowly.
We did his flock, then started on our ewe lamb and ram flock, discovered that we have some good rams, and a ewe or two that I doubt will last a week, oh well shit happens, we gave them another drench just incase.

After dagging that flock, we did the same to the ewe (in lamb) flock, and the goats, they all seemed quite good, except that the goats were a little light still light, whilst the goats are great little animals, they are a bugger to keep the weight on. As a consequence of this, we've now seperated the goats and the rest of the flock, in the hope that with a paddock to themselves, they will gain some more weight.

Before moving the stock I had to do some prep work with the sheds etc, basically trundling around the place in the tractor dragging buildings, good fun!.

Then it's tea time!

And more Myst!

Connor is still doing well, he's got more jabs on Tuesday, and plunket on Friday.

At some stage, I'll put photos up. Oh I had a feel of Queens tummy this afternoon, and she feels preggers, I compared her to the one that almost died (still alive, but still can't walk on her front legs), and there is a definite difference. Cute kids (now that will be photo blogged with in a few hours!)

Till later.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: