Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pretty and Pregnant

Yep, we're expecting the pitter-patter of even more feet now, next May, around the 5 to the 11, we are expected our first baby person....Yep, Steph is finally pregnant. As you can imagine this is having a few knock on effects such as me not going to England, and a fair bit of work quickly being done around Littlebush to prepare for them (as in the singular version of them, it is only 1).
So far we've had 2 scans, one at 7 weeks, and another last Friday, still no photographs though, but on November 1st, there will be photos (even if I have to take the digital camera in).

Last Friday Steph and I headed into Masterton for the warrant of fitness on the Safari, and for a 10 week checkup. Expecting the doctors to be typically delayed, I headed up to the testing station and queued up for the warrant. Whilst I was on the pit getting the brakes checked, I was depressing the peddle when it all of sudden it gave way. The front brake hose burst! Obviously we failed the warrant, and I was also told the pads were iffy and the other hose needing changing too. I prompty (well not really, I was going VERY slow) drove to the doctors (with no brakes what so ever), only to find Steph had already gone in. I went into the doctors room and luckly they had just started. He had a listen to the baby's heart, and then did a quick scan, and it actually looked like a baby, and had arms and legs and was waving them around, very cool!

Steph and I have come up with some names, so far "Charlotte Rose" seems to be a fixed girl's name, and Connor is reasonably steady as a boy's first name. Other options for the boys names so far are Rhys and Sean. We have thought about Daemon, but that is too geeky (in programming a daemon program is one that doesn't quit and sits in the background doing stuff consuming resources!). Luke has been suggested as a possible middle name for Connor, which works reasonably well.

Other than that news, both paddocks that I resowed now have grass, albeit the top one much more than the other, but there is grass in both.
Hm, what did we do this weekend, not a great deal, there was a few jobs that needed seeing to, fixing up the rabbit condo, mowing the lawns, cutting the driveway grass, taking Markissa for a walk and weaning the kits.
The rabbit condo was easily fixed up, and made more accessible with the use of a chainsaw, making our fire-pile even bigger! Once that was fixed up I moved the eight kits over, and they are now on finishing food for the next month or 2 (hopefully they will be ready for Christmas). I have worked out that with a bit of planned breeding and management, I can move 1 litter every other month into the freezer!
In the morning on Saturday, I mowed the front lawn and got the weed-eater into the other lawn under the fruit trees. Then during the rest of the day we did our own things and had some friends out for coffee.

On Sunday morning I mowed the driveway with the tractor and then in the afternoon I spent a few hours fixing a neighbors computer which had contracted a virus.

Oh, last Wednesday, I sat my firearms test and passed with 100%, so now it's just sit and wait for the license to come through.

No comments: