Saturday, April 01, 2006

False starts, no phones, but still successful

This weekend, the plan was for me to build a lean-to on the side of the garage for the rabbits, whilst Steph finished off installing weedmat and spraying off lots of weeds. However the day went as follows:
Early this morning I spent around an hour cleaning up the user interface on the eQuarium (the embedded computer project I'm working on), then when it was a respectable time (around 7ish), I went for a stroll in the paddocks (looking for mushrooms, no joy). After which Steph and I had breakfast, and then I went off to get some builders mix for the posts whilst Steph worked Markissa. Every thing seemed to be going to plan,, upon getting back, I fired up Tom (the tractor) so I could level off the area, and pull out a fuscia. But I got as far as the grass outside the shed when he died! Out of gas! He's still there, combination of flat battery and not a lot of gas, oh well tomorrow. So I had to do it the other way, bloody big chain around base of plant, to the Safari and then drive. A few minutes later we were minus one fuscia. Then is was a case of marking out lines for the walls and digging post holes. Once more I had over engineered the problem, and bought enough concrete and posts to build a shed twice the size (but we don't have the framing). Whilst Steph was helping me dig holes, we found out that our telephone cable comes out from underneath the garage! Yes we splice it in. Thankfully our neighbours were in, and the telecom guy came around this afternoon and fixed it.
Whilst that hole was out of action, I finished digging the rest, and filled them with timber and concrete, so hopefully tomorrow I can do the walls.
Steph managed to finish off all the weedmatting and spraying (it took her two attempts, I left a clear fluid (called water) in the sprayer, so she went off thinking it was weedspray, and instead she ended up watering the weeds... Anyway, must do dinner..
Till tomorrow.

No comments: