Friday, February 23, 2007

An update.

Ah, another weekend. This one wasn't too bad, it started on Friday afternoon with a trip to the doctors for another checkup,and as expected everything is fine. As the 11 weeks till birth isn't getting any further away I decided that this weekend. I should make a start on the nursery and it's furniture. In the morning we got three sheets of gib up, and have another 2 to put up. Once we ran out of gib we went into town to pick colours for the nursery. In the end we decided on a neutral yellow for the walls and then high gloss white for the framing and sides of furniture, and then some bright outragous colours for the shelves and drawers.
The previous evening Steph and I had done some sanding and ther bassinet was ready for painting so on Saturday afternoon I sprayed the bassinet, but ufortunatly the stand it was hanging from fell over and snapped a dowel joint.
In the evening we watched a dvd and I did some more long exsposure photography.
Sunday was shearing day, around 8am,Steph,Andy and I moved our flock of lambs into the yards and I then helped John move his flock too.
Around 11am paul turned up and then by about 4 we had finally finished. At least we now got another 6kg of mohair to sell.
Other than that, not a great deal is happening on the farm at the moment, but coming up soon will be fertalising the paddocks, spraying off weeds (we have a lot of penny royal which I am going to kill this weekend.). I'm not sure if we are resowing a paddock this autumn or not, but the scarey thing is that trees are already starting to lose their leaves.

No comments: