Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Quite a productive weekend, on Friday afternoon I spent several hours ripping the last of the GIB and then putting up the insulation, by the end of the day, I had most of the insulation up, and had used up an entire bag of batts.
Saturday morning saw the heat pump guys turn up (around 7:30ish!) and as they got to work, Steph and I headed into Masterton to do the weekly food shopping, and then down to Carterton to look at carpet.. We decided on a pale blue for the lounge, dining room and two bedrooms, but the nursery is going to be a dark speckled blue as it will hide spills etc a bit better.

By the time we got back the installers were just finishing up, and gave us the demo on the pump. Later in the day Andy, Alex and myself went down to Lake Ferry, but I managed to forget my reel, so I didn’t get to do much fishing…Oh well..
Meanwhile Steph worked Markissa.

In the evening we finally had our bonfire, it’s been building up and building up (lets just say the flames were about 5m tall) and by around 8pm it had all burnt down to a nice pile of ashes. Later that evening we had a good game of scrabble, I even managed a 7 letter word “estuary”, by the end of the game I had 306 points, but I had the “Q” still.

Sunday morning I got up and started mowing the lawns, yikes, I should really do it more often.
Later in the day Steph and I headed back down to Lake Ferry, and this time I managed to bring home two red cod, after releasing two too.

It’s getting brief, ‘cause this is all written on Tuesday evening, and I’m already forgetting the weekend.

No comments: