Thursday, January 26, 2006

Melbourne

Well, I arrived quite safely, didn't see any fires on the way in. The landing was quite bumpy with a fair bit of turbulance during descent. Unfortunatly the net access in the
hotel isn't cheap, so I'll probably only be online for an hour a day (and that's setting me back $10/hour), and probably in the evenings. Ive tried all the the wifi networks available in the hotel, and so far the only one
I've been able to connect to and even remotely do anything with was the "Victoria University" one, but I can't seem to get out yet!
Anyway, today, here it was Australia Day, consequently all the streets were dead and there was a party in Federation Square, which is a few minutes from the hotel. I wandered up and had a look, and then found a bite to eat,
and then came back for a shower and this (in bed by 8:30 local time)

Tomorrow morning I start doing what I'm here for, so somehow I have to work out how to get to Richmond.

Anyway, I'm off now to write an email to Steph, and then jump on the net, post this and hunt out transport, and hopefully some free WiFi around here.

No comments: