Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My First Possum

Shot my first possum last night. It took 5 shots, clubbed across the back of the neck, and then simply chopping it's head off to kill it!! Tough little buggers.

Don't read ahead if you are squeamish.








3 shots hit, one went in the thigh, and left through the chest (taking some of the internals with it, and making them externals!). Another went through the shoulder from underneath and out the top, and the last was from point blank in the head! After that I caught it by the tail, and it was still pretty grumpy (and alive). Having no bullets left, I found a big branch and clubbed it, that "seemed" to work. We went home, and I started to pluck it when I noticed it was still breathing! The only thing really else I could do was to remove the head. After that I continued to pluck, and remove the good thigh for the freezer.
Yay, one less possum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya,
So much effort goes a long way to do some good. Next time use bigger bullets.