Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Things so far

Well, things are getting back to normal. Connor slept for most of the night, OK early days and we expect it to change, but I'm not complaining! He had a feed at the end of Boston Legal (10:30ish) and then we put him to bed in his own room. Both Steph and I were awake from about 1am expecting to hear crying, and didn't really doze until he did at 4am! Tonight will be a different matter though, I'm going to go back to sleep! I will admit to going in once during the night to check on him because we got 5 cats and I forgot to check that there were none in there. We've tried to maintain the nursery as a cat free zone for the timebeing, but there was a few minutes before bed when the door was open and the makeshift catscreen was not in place. So around midnight, I peeked in with a torch and all seemed well.

Today, back on the farm(let) life goes on, Steph and I moved some sheep across and setup some new fencing (only temporary electric) for Markissa (whilst Connor was asleep up in the house (with his bedroom door closed)), and earlier on Steph got to groom and lunge Markissa, something she hasn't done for a while, meanwhile I was mowing the lawns.

Earlier on in the day Connor slept through the boys barking their heads off, and me vacuuming his room - I think this is a good sign.

Oh, and I bathed him today, only drowned him once, but that's not major. Before the bath we were all eating dinner (well, Connor had just fed, so it was just Steph, myself and Jenny), and Connor was on the floor in his car seat - half way through we started exercising his lungs again, and we even had tears..So we carried on and finished tea, then since I don't chew and finished first, I had to calm him down (well attempt to). Once Steph had finished she came in and filled the bath, and I then bathed him. He was still exercising his lungs, but he did seem to enjoy being on his front. After that it was a quick dry, and a feed, and now he's in bed.

Gee's the rabbits are growing, I went out today to feed them, and they are almost ready! Oh, and I also managed to clean out the garage, as we're going to store the pushchair in there as it's going to be going cross-country every day when Steph takes him down to Markissa's paddock and we figured that we didn't really want it back in the house!

Anyway, more later, and theres another few photos on the albums ( (http://picasaweb.google.com/matthew.huck/Connor)

Oh, just one photo here today, Connor learns to flip the bird!

Bye for now.

No comments: