Saturday, September 30, 2006

Update

Ok, it's Saturday morning and instead of being in the internation lounge at Wellington airport, I'm sitting in our dining room, yep, once more at the last minute (on Wednesday), they cancelled the trip....kind of fortunate because I took two days off in which to rotavate and sow the seed, and because of the tractor breaking down, I haven't been able to finish it (the tractor is still sitting in the middle of the paddock).
I'm not sure when I am heading out to the UK, but it I don't come out before the first week in Novemember, then I won't be coming out, as in Decemember Carisa is out and it's Amy's wedding.
There was talk of leaving mid next week, we'll see how the bug fixing goes at work...Back to more interesting farmy stuff.. Well as I said the tractor is dead, the leads coming of the starter switch glow and spark when I turn the ignition on! Reading around it looked like it could be the condenser, so I replaced that and the points yesterday, but no joy. Thankfully the neighbour is an auto-electrician, so he's coming over today to have a look.
I've got heaps of photos to upload, maybe this evening...

Anyway, nice and early so I thought I might head down to the garage for a bit..Oh forgot to mention, Devil Spawn is now tanned and oiled and just drying and yesterday I salted to hare skins, our neighbour managed to shoot a pair of hares (4Kg in total all dressed) and now they are in the freezer (one is tomorrow nights tea) and I thought I would tan the skins too.

Later.

No comments: