Saturday, August 05, 2006

Bad news

This morning when I went down to check Devil Spawn around 6am, she was still alive, but no lambs, so I did some cleaning in the barn, and then when Steph got out of bed we went into town to pick up some fence posts (another 40). By the time we got back there still wasn't any lambs, and she was still walking funny!
Later on in the morning I bumbed into Rex, and whilst we were chatting I mentioned Devil Spawn, and he offered to have a look. Once he finished with his flock, he came over and we caught her, and he had a feel inside, didn't like the feel of it as it was very tight, he couldn't get his hand past the pelvis. I tried as I have slightly smaller hands; I got past the pelvis, but couldn't find anything! We then wondered if she had dropped the lambs already, so I did a quick scout around the paddock, and unfortunalty I found two dead lambs.
 

Normally you put your lambs out for the dead lamb man...but because they were so small they weren't worth anything, so I skinned them and they are now in the garage being salted. The really sucky thing is we wanted two black ewes, and that's what they were! Shit happens.

Hopefully the other ewe will do better... Posted by Picasa

No comments: