Monday, January 25, 2010

End of my paternity leave

Oh well, my 2 weeks are up, and I didn't even manage a single hunt (did try for one today, but the stream was up to much, and we bailed for safety reasons, oh well.
Whilst on my leave, Ronan has gained a fair amount of weight (but I don't think I had anything to do with that), and we've also got a few jobs out of the way. We've redone the internet antenna, and laid out 170m of cable so we have better, faster, stronger internet now. I've also cleaned the garage, mounted a gate so that the pigs can go out into the paddocks for grass, got the stuff to finally finish the dog run (well the front of it). Not bad for basically 2 weeks of rain! In the middle of that we did manage to take Ronan for his first kite fishing trip to Lake Ferry, and we hauled in about 200kg of seaweed (man that was hard work) and 1 small red cod, 1 small dogfish and 2 really nice Kahawai.


No comments: