Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cone Hut walk

Today, Steph, Connor and I decided to head up (up being the operative
word, 300m in less than 1km) the track to Cone Hut, as I'm heading
into the bush for a three day hunt shortly and I wanted to see what
the bush was like, and to try and break in the boots.

All in all, a good time was had by all, Connor is knackered (not sure
why, he spent most of it on my back).

Amy knows what this track is like (she's walked the first 10 minutes,
and that was easy!)
Anyway, here's some snaps from the day.

Oh, the swing bridge is the largest of it's type in NZ, being 92m
long, and 35m above a pretty strong river!


Me and Connor inspecting the map

2 comments:

sharon said...

Matthew ... please tell me that the pink shirt you are wearing is a 'new' one and not the one you bought in 1992! The computer is working beautifully... thank you so much darling. Lots of love, Mumxx

Matthew said...

Yep, it is the one from 1992, it is a great bush shirt, keeps the sun off, yet lite enough not to get me too hot...Watch this space for more photos of it from this week's hike.