Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Long [read tiring] weekend

Four days, and not a single day of rest! On Thursday evening we made a long list of jobs (finally finishing the decorating was on it!) So on Friday morning I took the first big job, tilling the paddocks, whilst Steph continued with striping wallpaper. After a while I discovered the tiller worked best whilst going around corners, so I spent the day driving around in circles! That took the good part of a day, especially once I finished harrowing it too. Unfortunatly the exhaust on the tractor had split and was in two halves which meant it was VERY noisey. Meanwhile Steph had removed all the wallpaper and the lounge was ready for an undercoat. We did the undercoat and finally went bed around 11pm.
Saturday was a bit easier, we went into town for the morning and picked up a small arc welder so I could fix the tractor exhaust, and then in the afternoon we tidied the house as we had guests coming around for dinner!
Sunday morning was spent sowing seed (10Kg seed mixed with 200Kg lime, spread over 1/3 acre approx) whilst Steph giving the remainder of the lounge a first coat of yellow. In the afternoon I started building the framing for the rabbit cage shelves (unitl I ran out of timber).
Then in the late afternoon another coat of yellow was done, and then in the evening we started reassembling the lounge.
Monday morning I spent doing the last few cables on the entertainment unit. After which Steph and I went down to the bigger paddock and spread lime (600Kg split into two loads) then I proceeded to clean the barn whilst Steph cleaned out the garage and surrounding area. Yikes, what mammoth tasks they were, I had to reorganise all the tractor implements, de-panel two rimu walls etc etc. But both the garage and barn are now tidy and safe to walk around in again, no pieces of fencing etc to catch your legs!
On Monday morning, I fixed up the split in the exhaust (without blowing a hole), but I need to remove the exhaust from the manifold as there is a much bigger crack right around where the exhaust attaches to the engine, but the bolts are really rusted in.

All in all a very tiring weekend, but mainly productive.

Photos of the welding and decorating coming soon.

No comments: